GENERAL TERMS and CONDITIONS
- Before service, some unseen hair line cracks or any inner damage that is unseen or not mention to our staff will be based on our photo as prove. (after colour or cleaning some damage will be more visible as all dust and dirt will be cleaned away and sometime it may be more visible at the end result).
- For items that are used more than 18months or badly damaged, it may have unseen damages that can only be seen after the service. As we are unable to know about it before we service the item, we cannot be hold responsible for it.
- As each customer have different expectations on their items upon sending in for service. Kindly mention to us about the part that you are most concern with or need to take extra note on before we service your items, otherwise we will just follow our SOP.
- If any of the above happen, we will not refund or compensate and bad reviews shouldn’t be given online. Actions will be taken should there be any bad reviews or untrue comments by customers.
- We hold the right to refund or re-service on any items should the customer is not satisfied with the result.
- Notes to all customers: all of the service we provide is 100% done manually by hand (cleaning or colour restoration may only make your item cleaner or more even colour but will not recover any physical damage, items after repair may still be damaged after some time subject to normal wear and tear).
- We value all customer’s items as much as our reputations. We do not wish to have any damages to your valuable items as this may also damage our reputations, however accidents may happen. If you think that your item has high sentimental value or you do not accept any mistakes or accident that mayhappen to your items please consider before sending it for service
After the service is done , we will be in touch with the guest to deliver the items. All payments need to be made before the item is being delivered.
Bagsbutler will help to keep the item for a maximum of 1 month after the service is done. After that , a S$ 60 per month fee is applicable to use our storage service.
Bagsbutler reserves the right to resell all items in our possession after 6 months if the serviced item is not collected unless the monthly storage fee is paid.
Please take out all your belongings from the goods. Kindly be informed that we do not accept dust bag to prevent any losses.
Bags Butler’s purpose is to revive the bag condition as similar as possible to its original condition. Please be informed that a handbag after services will not become a brand-new bag.
Extended Service Warranty: With the purchase of service warranty, you will be able to send in the SAME bag again for cleaning within a year (applicable for 1 time use within 1 year).
Cleaning is a process of the item being cleaned both the interior and exterior. It will also include polishing metal hardware. As different material and different areas of the items need different cleaning agents and cleaning methods, it will take some time to do so. Cleaning can help to keep your bag hygienic and mould free. Some stains could be removed, some could only be lightened and some stubborn stains would remain after cleaning. As different goods have different conditions, we will need to clean it first to know the final outcomes of each item. Basically, cleaning helps to maintain the bag to make it last longer and provide the necessary care needed. Cleaning will take approximately 1 (one) month the fastest. Depending on the results too, if further cleaning is needed it will take more time for extra treatment.
There are few possibilities of cleaning results for different cases, such as:
- Fabric, canvas, nylon material items have the best cleaning affect, but please take note that after cleaning, it might become coarse / furry.
- Exotic leather such as snake skin, crocodile skin, ostrich skin, and foux fur, will have limited cleaning results as they are really fragile.
- Patent leather or PVC glossy leather will have minimum results of cleaning if it has been stained. For this material, once it has been discolored, it will be permanently there.
- Suede leather which has various length of fur, this type can be cleaned too but if it has been stained, the chances of removing it are very low. In some special cases, dark stains will be lightened after cleaning. And suede leather after cleaning, it would be dry, stiff, and might be slightly crumpled too.
- Vachetta leather is mostly produced by Louis Vuitton. This material is categorized as one of the most sensitive leather as it could be easily stained by water drops and might become permanent water stain. For a serious mould issue on Vachetta leather will also be stubborn stain on the leather, cleaning will only help to slightly lighten the stains, otherwise it will remain there. The cleaning results of each bag is much depending on the leather condition. As for vachetta leather, we can spot clean an area, we need to clean the whole area so that the color of the vachetta leather will even out. The leather might turn more tanned(darker) or lighter depending on the initial condition of the bag.
- Color fading might occur after cleaning for some materials, depending on the original condition of the item too. For instance; if you have a canvas bag with two color tones (black and white), there is a risk that canvas color might fade after cleaning.
- Furry threads on stitches might occur after cleaning (all materials), depending on the original condition of the bag itself.
- Damages such as torn material, bruises, peeling, fraying or any material with holes might expand after cleaning, depending on the condition of the material itself.
- Stains would only be lightened by cleaning service and it has low possibilities to be totally gone. For instance; yellowish stain, glue stain, color transfer stain, water stain, pen ink stain, jeans stain, oil stain, or any anonymous stain, etc.
Note: Color restoration will be recommended to fully cover any stains.
- Adhesive glue stain will occurs due to oxidization and it could happen on both leather and non leather item. The results of cleaning this issue are limited; but do not worry, we will try our best to remove as much as we can. In addition, glue oxidization will cause discoloration even color transfer.
- Stickiness has two circumstances. First one is normally caused by the contacts with palm sweat, hand lotion, oil, etc. then cleaning will be able to remove the stickiness. Second possibility is due to high temperatures, hot weather, and improper storage, it could also cause the material to oxidize, and for this case, cleaning results are very limited. In some serious cases, the stickiness might remain.
- Mould occurs when there is improper storage, one’s usage, or humid weather (climate changes). Cleaning process will be able to remove mould and disinfect the items for hygienic purposes. However, in a serious case of mould, it will leave stain on the item and cause the color of the item to change rapidly. If this occurs to your items (bag, wallet and etc.) cleaning will be unable to remove the mould stain.
Note: For mould issue, after cleaning, it may or may not come back as it depends on the storage and humid weather. We will highly recommend you to put hippo thirsty/ dehumidifier close to the bags and bags are also suggested to be stored in an opened-air room/ ventilated room. The best advice we could suggest you is to use/carry the bag frequently.
- Discoloration usually happens to normal wear and tear, it is a common occurrence. Please take note that cleaning will not help to recover the color unless you proceed to Color restoration.
- Metal oxidization is due to combination of weather, moisture, storage and sometimes chemicals. If it has been oxidized, it will remain the same even after polishing. We are unable to restore the metal hardware but we can restore it by doing gold plating.
- Metal hardware will be done polishing to make it look shinier. If the hardware has been spoilt/rusty/tarnished/fading or scratched, even after polishing it will remain the same.
- Un-refurbished cases such as scratches, wrinkles, dent marks, press marks, shrunk leather, burnt material, out of shape issue, they will remain the same after services.
- Adhesive residues cannot be cleaned off with one-time service, as the residue will come out again sooner or later. The cleaning results for this case are limited but we will try our best to remove it without harming the bag. If it occurs again, we will advice you to wipe it off using cotton buds.
Note: Mostly occurs on metal hardware
- Smell (mildew/mould/odor) could only be reduced by cleaning. But if the substances have been absorbed into the material, the smell will remain.
- Crystal coating can be removed. This coating is normally found on Gucci (external coating), Louis Vuitton (inner pocket). We will recommend doing removal of crystal coating when it starts to oxidize. Coating oxidization can be discovered when there is peeling off, cracking, stickiness, or melting off.
- Important Note: After cleaning service, the items might appear to be stiffer and a bit dry, it is due to removal of the dirt, dust, germs, oil and etc. from the bag itself after a few times use. It will be fine or back to normal after a period of usage.
Color restore means to recolor the items back to the original color. Coloring is more suitable for leather materials. While doing color restore, we will first clean up all areas. After drying up, our specialists will do color mixing. We will find the cleanest area on your item to be the color sample. Customers can also show us the area they think can be color references. Please take note that we will be able to restore the color to 95-99% similarity. The outcome of coloring is very much depending on the original condition of the goods after collection. This service will take approximately 2-4 months.
Extended Service Warranty: With the purchase of service warranty, the serviced area will be covered for protection for a year, i.e Should the color fade within a year, you can send it for touch up again(applicable for 1 time use within 1 year, applicable only for areas that we serviced before).
- Color changing is possible. When the item has been badly discolored, we will still be able to restore back to the original color, otherwise you may go for color changing. Customers are required to provide us a physical color palette or color sample in pictures for color references. Kindly note that pictures might show up slightly dissimilar in different devices due to lighting. Please be informed too that color changing is not recommended as if there is harsh friction or deep scratches, the original base color will be revealed and obvious.
- Lead time of color restore whole process will take approximately the fastest 2 months. It depends on how well the absorption will be. Normally when it is done, we will put it under a specialized room to further observe the final works. In the last stage of finishing, it will be waterproofing, which may take a week or so to dry up. Sometimes, we might need extra service of touch up too, especially the area that is hard to be reached for coloring.
- Two color tones in the same surface or the same leather piece, will be colored to one color tone only. For example, Louis Vuitton epi leather bag, or Givenchy Pepe design, they basically have one darker color and a lighter color, but we can only proceed with one color tone.
- Metallic colors like gold, silver, bronze or any other color with metallic effects is not advisable for color restore as the color will easily fade off.
- Scratches can be covered. Color restore will be able to conceal mild scratches. But if it is deep scratches, coloring will only make it look less obvious. Also, the marks will still be visible.
- Damages such as peeling, torn, cracking, scuffing will still be visible even it will be less obvious after coloring service.
- Imprint logo or which is known as Branding Logo (silver or gold), will be kept original. People mark it as goods authenticity while it is not. If the logo has been badly faded off, it is recommended to cover it off with color paint.
- Suede leather can be color restored but it will turn out coarse and stiff. Other kind of suede leather will be Nubuck material. This kind might be shiny after coloring as it has the shortest fur. Hence, for general suede leather, as the length of fur is various, there will be uneven part to be seen after color restore.
- Non-leather such as fabric, canvas, nylon, or jeans can be color restored but it is not advisable. Coloring on these materials will cause coarseness and stiff.
- Threads of stitches will be colored too and it will be the same color tone with the surrounding leather. Moreover, the threads (especially cotton material) will be a bit furry and stiff after coloring.
- Side trimming rubber/gel will be kept original if the condition is still good.Meaning that after whole item being colored, trimming rubber/gel will be wiped off. However, if the rubber/gel has been damaged (cracking or peeling), we will cover it off with new color paint, just like the item’s new color. It will still be seen, unless you do replacement of the side trimming rubber/gel. Pricings are various depending on the complexity of each spot.
- Wear and tear after service. So after color restore, the goods will be subject to normal wear and tear. Please be informed that edges, corners, handles are the most sensitive areas and they tend to be fading faster than other parts. It is due to previous usage or storage.
- Exotic leather such as snake skin, crocodile skin, ostrich skin and faux fur, cannot be restored as they are very fragile.
- Patent leather material can only be recolored to Black color.
- Patterned leather is the kind of leather with brand signature printings. We are unable to restore this material. Patterned leather items are such as Burberry (PVC), Louis Vuitton (Monogram, Damier), MCM (logo patterns), Gucci (Canvas), etc.
- Unprocessed leather or what is so-called vachetta leather, is not suitable for coloring as it will become stiff and damaged.
- Metal hardware like buckles, studs, rings, zipper, or chain will appear to be the same which is not suitable for coloring. We will do polishing to make them look shinier only. If it has been oxidized/ rusty/ tarnished or scratched, it will remain the same even after polishing. We are unable to restore the metal hardware but we can restore it by doing gold plating. Please be informed that gold plating can only be done if the hardware is removable and without holes.
Should there be any damages or loss happen to your item during our care, we will compensate you in accordance to the second hand market price of the bag at that time. Proof of purchase is required to proof authenticity of the bag. The total compensation will not exceed SGD 1,800. The original item will not be given back to the customer once the compensation has been successfully made.