Please take out all your belongings from the goods. Kindly be informed that we do not accept dust bag to prevent any losses.
Bags Butler’s purpose is to revive the bag condition as similar as possible to its original condition. Please be informed that a handbag after services will not become a brand-new bag.
Extended Service Warranty: With the purchase of service warranty, you will be able to send in the SAME bag again for cleaning within a year (applicable for 1 time use within 1 year).
Cleaning is a process of the item being cleaned both the interior and exterior. It will also include polishing metal hardware. As different material and different areas of the items need different cleaning agents and cleaning methods, it will take some time to do so. Cleaning can help to keep your bag hygienic and mould free. Some stains could be removed, some could only be lightened and some stubborn stains would remain after cleaning. As different goods have different conditions, we will need to clean it first to know the final outcomes of each item. Basically, cleaning helps to maintain the bag to make it last longer and provide the necessary care needed. Cleaning will take approximately 1 (one) month the fastest. Depending on the results too, if further cleaning is needed it will take more time for extra treatment.
There are few possibilities of cleaning results for different cases, such as:
- Fabric, canvas, nylon material items have the best cleaning affect, but please take note that after cleaning, it might become coarse / furry.
- Exotic leather such as snake skin, crocodile skin, ostrich skin, and foux fur, will have limited cleaning results as they are really fragile.
- Patent leather or PVC glossy leather will have minimum results of cleaning if it has been stained. For this material, once it has been discolored, it will be permanently there.
- Suede leather which has various length of fur, this type can be cleaned too but if it has been stained, the chances of removing it are very low. In some special cases, dark stains will be lightened after cleaning. And suede leather after cleaning, it would be dry, stiff, and might be slightly crumpled too.
- Vachetta leather is mostly produced by Louis Vuitton. This material is categorized as one of the most sensitive leather as it could be easily stained by water drops and might become permanent water stain. For a serious mould issue on Vachetta leather will also be stubborn stain on the leather, cleaning will only help to slightly lighten the stains, otherwise it will remain there. The cleaning results of each bag is much depending on the leather condition. As for vachetta leather, we can spot clean an area, we need to clean the whole area so that the color of the vachetta leather will even out. The leather might turn more tanned(darker) or lighter depending on the initial condition of the bag.
- Color fading might occur after cleaning for some materials, depending on the original condition of the item too. For instance; if you have a canvas bag with two color tones (black and white), there is a risk that canvas color might fade after cleaning.
- Furry threads on stitches might occur after cleaning (all materials), depending on the original condition of the bag itself.
- Damages such as torn material, bruises, peeling, fraying or any material with holes might expand after cleaning, depending on the condition of the material itself.
- Stains would only be lightened by cleaning service and it has low possibilities to be totally gone. For instance; yellowish stain, glue stain, color transfer stain, water stain, pen ink stain, jeans stain, oil stain, or any anonymous stain, etc.
Note: Color restoration will be recommended to fully cover any stains.
- Adhesive glue stain will occurs due to oxidization and it could happen on both leather and non leather item. The results of cleaning this issue are limited; but do not worry, we will try our best to remove as much as we can. In addition, glue oxidization will cause discoloration even color transfer.
- Stickiness has two circumstances. First one is normally caused by the contacts with palm sweat, hand lotion, oil, etc. then cleaning will be able to remove the stickiness. Second possibility is due to high temperatures, hot weather, and improper storage, it could also cause the material to oxidize, and for this case, cleaning results are very limited. In some serious cases, the stickiness might remain.
- Mould occurs when there is improper storage, one’s usage, or humid weather (climate changes). Cleaning process will be able to remove mould and disinfect the items for hygienic purposes. However, in a serious case of mould, it will leave stain on the item and cause the color of the item to change rapidly. If this occurs to your items (bag, wallet and etc.) cleaning will be unable to remove the mould stain.
Note: For mould issue, after cleaning, it may or may not come back as it depends on the storage and humid weather. We will highly recommend you to put hippo thirsty/ dehumidifier close to the bags and bags are also suggested to be stored in an opened-air room/ ventilated room. The best advice we could suggest you is to use/carry the bag frequently.
- Discoloration usually happens to normal wear and tear, it is a common occurrence. Please take note that cleaning will not help to recover the color unless you proceed to Color restoration.
- Metal oxidization is due to combination of weather, moisture, storage and sometimes chemicals. If it has been oxidized, it will remain the same even after polishing. We are unable to restore the metal hardware but we can restore it by doing gold plating.
- Metal hardware will be done polishing to make it look shinier. If the hardware has been spoilt/rusty/tarnished/fading or scratched, even after polishing it will remain the same.
- Un-refurbished cases such as scratches, wrinkles, dent marks, press marks, shrunk leather, burnt material, out of shape issue, they will remain the same after services.
- Adhesive residues cannot be cleaned off with one-time service, as the residue will come out again sooner or later. The cleaning results for this case are limited but we will try our best to remove it without harming the bag. If it occurs again, we will advice you to wipe it off using cotton buds.
Note: Mostly occurs on metal hardware
- Smell (mildew/mould/odor) could only be reduced by cleaning. But if the substances have been absorbed into the material, the smell will remain.
- Crystal coating can be removed. This coating is normally found on Gucci (external coating), Louis Vuitton (inner pocket). We will recommend doing removal of crystal coating when it starts to oxidize. Coating oxidization can be discovered when there is peeling off, cracking, stickiness, or melting off.
- Important Note: After cleaning service, the items might appear to be stiffer and a bit dry, it is due to removal of the dirt, dust, germs, oil and etc. from the bag itself after a few times use. It will be fine or back to normal after a period of usage.